The Operation Dry Water Awards Program recognizes law enforcement officers and agencies that are making a positive impact on boating under the influence (BUI).
These law enforcement officers and agencies participate in the national Operation Dry Water (ODW) campaign and make a difference in recreational boating safety by raising awareness about the dangers of boating under the influence and by removing impaired operators from the nation’s waterways – protecting our nation and the communities they serve.
Operation Dry Water and the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) will recognize the top agencies and officer nationwide based on BUI related activity and their participation in the Operation Dry Water campaign.
ODW Top Agency Award
The top three (3) agencies will be recognized nationally based on:
- The number of BUI arrests made / the number of officer deployed for the Operation Dry Water weekend.
- The top three (3) agencies with the highest percentage will be recognized.
- The agency with the highest percentage overall will be invited to send a representative to the NASBLA Annual Conference and will be recognized in person at the NASBLA Awards Banquet.
*Travel costs will be covered for the representative.
Deadline for reporting in order to be considered for the Top Agency Award is July 31st.
ODW Officer of the Year Award
The Officer of the Year will be recognized nationally based on:
- The officer’s agency participated and reported results for the Operation Dry Water weekend.
- The officer worked the Operation Dry Water weekend.
- Submission of a narrative by the officer’s agency to include a description of the officer’s work throughout the year in BUI prevention and enforcement, as well as their activity and BUI arrests from the Operation Dry Water weekend.
- The Officer of the Year will be invited to the NASBLA Annual Conference and will be recognized in person at the NASBLA Awards Banquet.
*Travel costs will be covered for the officer plus one guest or agency representative.
Deadline for agency reporting and officer nominations in order to be considered for the Officer of the Year Award is July 31st.
PDF about ODW Awards Program
Nominations can be submitted starting July 1st, 2018.